- Modern Pharmacist
Today's Pharmacist or aka PharmD
- Pharmacist is a health profession career that combines the biological science with chemical science of pharmaceutical agents.
- Pharmacists are universally recognized as health care professionals and essential providers of health care services.
- Pharmacist mission is to achieve successful projected pharmaceutical outcome to cure disease.
- Regardless of pharmacist career field, the most important tool that pharmacist utilize is communication.
Pharmacy profession is a very old profession and has changed profoundly over the years. However, the traditional role of compounding and dispensing medications remain as a primary role and to complement modern health care needs, pharmacy career options continues to expanded.
Pharmacy career is a dynamic, growing, and increasingly diverse profession, one which creates an excitement because there are so many opportunities for service. Pharmacy practice has dramatically changed in both personal interaction and professional activity. Once viewed as the curator of medicinal herbs, the pharmacist is now viewed as the healthcare team member responsible for providing the right drug to the right patient at the right time.
- Pharmacy State Board
State Board of PharmacyPharmacy is one of the most regulated professions in the country and one of the most ethically challenging.
- State boards of pharmacy regulate, administer and influence every phase of pharmacy practice, including the requirements and testing to become a licensed pharmacist.
- The mission of the state pharmacy boards is to set regulations, standards, and parameters within which pharmacists practice.
- State Pharmacist Association
Pharmacist / Pharmacy AssociationThere are variety of professional pharmacy or pharmacist associations that is relevent to a particular pharmacist career. These professional association support, educate, and advocate pharmacy profession and assist pharmacist. iPharmD categorized two specific state pharmacy associations and lists other pertinent pharmacy society, group, association, and fraternity. State Pharmacists Associations
- Pharmacist Salary
Pharmacist SalaryIndustryEmployment(1)Hourly WageAnnual Wage(2)Wholesale Trade456052.10108380Retail Trade17662054.43113210Finance and Insurance120053.16110560Management214055.06114520Educational Services187050.75105570Health Care and Social Assistance7183053.42111110*From Bureau of Labor Statistics May 2011Federal, State, and Local Government961049.70103370
SOC code: Standard Occupational Classification: http://www.bls.gov/soc/home.htm
The pharmacy salary has been escalating in accord with the career popularity.
- Pharmacist Career
Pharmacist Career Opportunities
- Clinical Pharmacist
- Academic Pharmacist
- Drug Store Pharmacist
- Community Pharmacist
- Compounding Pharmacist
- Critical Care Pharmacist
- Drug Information Pharmacist
- Home Care Pharmacist
- Hospice Pharmacist
- Hospital Pharmacist
- Manufacturing or Industry Pharmacist
- Infectious Disease Pharmacist
- Long Term Care Pharmacist
- Home Care Pharmacist
- Military Pharmacist
- Nuclear Pharmacist
- Nutritional Pharmacist
- Oncology Pharmacist
- Pediatric Pharmacist
- Pharma-economic Pharmacist
- Pharmacy Benefit Manager Pharmacist
- Poison Control Pharmacist
- Primary Care Pharmacist
- Psychiatric Pharmacist
- Regulatory Pharmacist
- Public Health Servide Pharmacist
- Veterinary Pharmacist