Pharmacy Aides - Pharmacy Assistant
- Pharmacy Aides | Assistant
Pharmacy Aides | Assistant
- The demand for pharmacy aides/assitant is at an all time high. Pharmacy aides/assitant are assistants to the pharmacist, and are mainly employed in retail pharmacies.
- Pharmacy aides/assitant assist licensed pharmacists in providing medication and health care to patients.
- Pharmacy aides/assitant assist in preparation of prescribed medication for patients and perform clerical tasks.
- Most State law require the work of pharmacy aides/assitant to be closely supervised by pharmacists.
- Some hospitals and pharmacies employ pharmacy aides, whose duties may be similar to those of technicians.
- Pharmacy aides/assitant in retail pharmacies often work as clerks or cashiers. Pharmacy aides/assitant may answer phones, handle money, and perform clerical functions.
- Pharmacy aides/assitant who work in hospitals deliver medication to patients. They also assist in the hospital pharmacy with duties such as stocking shelves.
- Working Conditions
- Pharmacy Assistants Aides typically work in hospital or retail pharmacies that are organized, organized, well-lit, and well-ventilated.
- Pharmacy Assistants also work in the grocery or department store pharmacies.
- Pharmacy Assistants spend most of their workday on their feet.
- Pharmacy Assistant physical demands or activities may include lifting heavy boxes, moving delivery carts, and using stepladders to retrieve supplies from high shelves.
- Aides work the same hours that pharmacists work.
- Pharmacy Aides Duties
Pharmacy Aides Duties
- Pharmacy Aides take inventory of prescription and over-the-counter medications and inform the pharmacist of stock needs to ensure that the pharmacy has critical medications available to meet customer needs.
- Pharmacy Aides also help with the maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Pharmacy Aides operate cash registers, credit card or ATM processing equipment, and multi-line telephone systems.
- Pharmacy Aides operate desktop computers, enter data into databases, and use spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Record drugs delivered to the pharmacy, store incoming merchandise, and inform the supervisor of stock needs.
- Job Titles
Pharmacy Aides Employment Job Titles
- Pharmacy Clerk,
- Pharmacy Aide,
- Pharmacy Ancillary,
- Pharmacy Assistant,
- Front Counter Clerk
- Pharmacy Cashier,
- Certified Pharmacist Assistant
- Dispensary Attendants,
- Drug Clerks,
- Prescription Clerks
- Education Requirements
Pharmacy Aides Education | Training Requirements
- Pharmacy Aides typically receive informal on-the-job training. Most employers favor those with at least a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Candidates interested in becoming Pharmacy Aides cannot have prior records of drug or substance abuse; therefore, they may be required to pass a criminal background check or obtain a Live Scan fingerprint clearance.
- Pharmacy Aides 2013 Salary - States
Pharmacy AidesSalary Average by StatesOccupation: Pharmacy Aides (SOC code 319095)
Period: May 2013
StateHourly WageAnnual WageAlabama9.5619880Alaska19.6740910Arizona9.8920580Arkansas9.4919750California12.9426920Colorado15.1931590Connecticut11.6224170District of Columbia17.7236850Florida10.5822000Georgia10.2621340Hawaii10.9822830Idaho12.3425680Illinois10.6922230Indiana10.3621550Iowa10.6822210Kansas10.1921200Kentucky11.6824300Louisiana10.5121850Maine10.6822210Maryland11.9924940Massachusetts11.423710Michigan9.8520480Minnesota11.0422970Mississippi10.7122270Missouri12.6926400Montana11.4423800Nebraska11.5123930Nevada10.2921410New Jersey10.3821600New Mexico13.0227090New York11.423720North Carolina9.5519860North Dakota10.3421510Ohio10.0820960Oklahoma9.8720530Oregon11.7624460Pennsylvania11.3523610Puerto Rico9.3719480Rhode Island14.4430040South Carolina9.6920160Tennessee9.6520070Texas10.8722610Utah12.0525060Vermont11.0823040Virginia10.6222080Washington12.826620West Virginia9.2719290Wisconsin10.1521120Wyoming11.6324200
- Alaska was has highest wage at hourly of 19.67 and annual salary of 40910
- West Virginia has lowest wage at hourly of 9.27 and annual salary of 19290
- Salary - States
Pharmacy Aides Salary Average by StatesOccupation: Pharmacy Aides (SOC code 319095)
Period: May 2011StateHourly WageAnnual WageAlabama9.6420040Arizona10.8322530Arkansas9.5419830California12.3925780Colorado14.3629870Connecticut11.8324610District of Columbia16.6234570Florida10.2721350Georgia9.9920780Hawaii10.9322740Idaho12.2225410Illinois13.1827410Indiana10.1521110Iowa11.1623220Kansas10.5621960Kentucky11.5323990Louisiana10.5121860Maine11.5624050Maryland12.4125810Massachusetts11.2423380Michigan11.5424000Minnesota11.0122910Mississippi10.0920980Missouri12.1225220Montana11.4523810Nebraska9.7320240Nevada10.7422330New Hampshire9.7520290New Jersey10.3421500New Mexico13.3827840New York11.8924730North Carolina10.822460North Dakota10.4321690Ohio10.1121020Oklahoma9.0218770Oregon11.8424640Pennsylvania11.724330Puerto Rico9.3319400Rhode Island13.3527780South Carolina9.6520070Tennessee9.8120400Texas10.7722390Utah11.5524020Vermont11.0823050Virginia11.0522980Washington11.8224590West Virginia10.0420880Wisconsin10.2921400Footnotes: (2) Annual wages have been calculated by multiplying the hourly mean wage by 2080 hours; where an hourly mean wage is not published the annual wage has been directly calculated from the reported survey data.Wyoming11.3323570
Submitted by: PharmD
Added: Fri Jul 06 2012
Last Modified: Fri Feb 21 2014