Wallace Community College - Online pharmacy technician program popular
Online pharmacy technician program
Wallace Community College (WCC), formally known as George C. Wallace State Community College, is a two-year institution of higher learning located in Dothan, Alabama.
- Wallace Community College Pharmacy technician program will prepare students for entry-level pharmacy technician positions.
- Medical and pharmaceutical terminology will be introduced, and basic anatomy related to the pharmacology of medications will be a major component of the coursework, as well as pharmaceutical calculations. This program will provide students with the necessary information required to pass the National Certification Exam offered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board. Students will be required to perform clinical rotations. Clinical rotations will include 20 hours of retail experience and 20 hours of hospital experience. The students will choose institutions to complete this requirement.
- Wallace Community College uses a wide variety of technology to support its instructional programs. WCC manages its courses through a system known as Wallace Online using WebCT. The use of this technology provides students the opportunity to pursue courses in a variety of formats and to aquire the computer technology skills necessary for success in their future work and learning environments.
- All WCC courses are designed to help students complete course requirements.
- Students may research information on the Internet, review materials the faculty member has posted on WebCT, complete writing assignments or computer exercises, or take quizzes and exams during scheduled class periods or outside class.
- Supplemental materials and course aids intended to expand learning opportunities are provided via WebCT and the Internet.
- The faculty member is responsible for directing students to available WCC computers and for providing assistance to students who have difficulties with WebCT or other required computer programs.
Take placement exams prior to registration.
- Wallace Community College is an open admissions institution, and any person with a high school diploma or equivalent (GED) may enroll.
- Admission to certain programs is allowed without a diploma or GED, but a passing score is required on an ability-to-benefit test (CPAT).
- All male applicants ages 18-26 must provideproof of Selective Service registration.
- It is the official policy of Wallace Community College that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, sex, religion, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment.
- Placement tests are required for all new students. Placement tests will be scheduled by Admissions/Records personnel by letter of invitation. Prior to the scheduled test date, a student must complete a WCC Application for Admission.
- Admission data must be on file before the placement test can be administered.
- Completed Applications for Admission must be returned to the Enrollment Services Department, Grimsley Hall.
- Students must also bring a valid driver license or state-issued identification card to the testing session.
Pharmacy Technician Certificate
Wallace Community College
1141 Wallace Drive
Dothan, AL 36303
1141 Wallace Drive
Dothan, AL 36303
Visit: Wallace Community College
Submitted by: PharmD
Added: Thu Jul 30 2009
Last Modified: Thu Jan 30 2014