Pima Community College - Pharmacy Technology School
Pharmacy Technology School
- Pima Community College (PCC) is a public two-year institution of higher education in Pima County, Arizona serving the Tucson metropolitan area. The community college district consists of six campuses, four education centers, and several adult education learning centers.
The mission of Pima Community College is to develop community through learning.
The Pharmacy Technology Program is located on East Campus. The program includes training within laboratory and clinical settings.
- Pima's state-of-the art Pharmacy Technology program is accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists.
- In this program, students learn to manage inventories, count and measure prescriptions accurately, and use computers. Coursework also focuses on medications, their uses, possible side effects and appropriate doses.
- Part of the training will be onsite in laboratories and clinical settings.
- By graduation, student will be well prepared for the State of Arizona licensing exam and for a challenging, interesting career as a pharmacy technician.
Students must meet the following requirements before starting this program.
- High school diploma or GED
- Meet the College's reading requirement
- Math assessment test at the level of MAT 122 or higher, or completion of MAT 092 with a grade of C or better
- Pharmacy Technology Certificate
- Pharmacy Technology Applied Associate Science degree.
8181 East Irvington Road
Tucson, AZ 85709
Submitted by: PharmD
Added: Sat Dec 19 2009
Last Modified: Sun Feb 02 2014