Arkansas State University Beebe - Pharmacy Technician Program
Pharmacy Technician Program
- Arkansas State University at Beebe (ASU-Beebe) is a public two-year institution located 35 miles northeast of Little Rock and 110 miles southwest of Jonesboro and has been in continuous operation since 1927.
- Mission Statement:
Transforming Lives Through Quality Learning Experiences.
Objectives: The objectives of the Pharmacy Technician Program are:
- Train qualified, competent technicians to meet pharmacy employment needs
- Provide state-of-the-art training for individuals seeking to be Pharmacy Technicians
- Prepare candidates for the successful completion of a national certification exam such as Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination (PTCB) or Institute for Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ICPT).
Pharmacy Technician Program Description: It is a technical certificate program that consists of lecture, lab and internship training to enable students to perform the duties of a Pharmacy Technician in a hospital or home care environment and in all pharmacy settings. Instruction consists of didactic, laboratory and clinical instruction. Emphasis is placed on pharmacy mathematics, medical and pharmaceutical terminology, drug chemistry packaging and labeling, unit dosage and solution preparation, aseptic compounding and Parenteral (IV) admixture operations, drug distribution systems and record keeping.
- Submit an ASU-Beebe application for enrollment. Priority will be given to applications received by the published deadline date. Applications received later will be considered for admission if space is still available.
- Submit an official complete high school transcript (seven semester transcript for high school seniors with the final transcript to follow after graduation) indicating date of graduation or copy of GED scores or American Correspondence Certificate. Submit college/university transcripts
- Submit immunization records.
- Complete all entrance testing requirements as stated in the Arkansas State University at Beebe catalog.
Schedule: Courses are scheduled evenings and weekends. The Technical certificate program is a two semester program. A student must successfully complete each course in the fall portion before beginning the spring courses. Students must also become successfully registered with the Arkansas State Board of Pharmacy (at student's expense) before being allowed to register for clincial rotation class.
- Technical Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Science after 2 semesters.
- Associate of Applied Science in Pharmacy Technician Science may be obtained after successful completion of the Technical Certificate Program and 2 additional semesters of specified coursework.
1800 E. Moore St.
Searcy, AR 72143
Submitted by: PharmD
Added: Wed Aug 04 2010
Last Modified: Sat Feb 08 2014