Bossier Parish Community College - Pharmacy Technician Program
Pharmacy Technician Program
- Bossier Parish Community College, founded in 1967, is a two-year institution of higher education located in Bossier City, Louisiana.
- College Mission:
The mission of Bossier Parish Community College is to provide instruction and service to its community. This mission is accomplished through courses and programs that provide sound academic education, broad career and workforce training, continuing education, and varied community services through flexible instructional delivery systems.
- The Pharmacy Technician Program provides students with the skills and knowledge necessary to work as a pharmacy technician under the supervision of licensed pharmacists in retail or hospital clinical pharmacies.
- College-ready students can complete the Certificate of Technical Studies in Pharmacy Technician in two semesters. With additional course work, students can earn the Associate of Applied Science in Pharmacy Technician.
- utilization of computer technology in the operation of a pharmacy;
- use of effective communication skills and interaction
- with a diverse population of health care professionals and patients;
- creation of pharmaceutical products using appropriate techniques and skills within accepted guidelines and laws;
- performance of mathematical calculations necessary for the preparation and delivery of pharmaceutical products; and application of scientific concepts of anatomy, physiology, and pharmacology to the skills of the pharmacy technician.
- Recipients of the Associate of Applied Science in Pharmacy Technician will have additionally demonstrated effective verbal, written, and electronic communication skills necessary for the presentation and management of information; and
- integration of critical thinking skills with effective interaction with people of diverse cultural and educational backgrounds and interpretation of legal and ethical issues.
- Grade point average
- Three academic rating forms (references)
- Interview evaluation by selection committee
- Eligibility for a Louisiana State Board of Pharmacy work permit
Students selected for clinical classes must submit all clinical information (described earlier), pay a clinical fee in addition to regular tuition and hold a current Louisiana State Board of Pharmacy work permit.
6220 East Texas Street
Bossier City, LA 71111
Submitted by: PharmD
Added: Sat Jul 17 2010
Last Modified: Thu Feb 06 2014