Holyoke Community College - Pharmacy Technician Program
Pharmacy Technician Program
In 1946, Holyoke Community College was established as Holyoke Junior College with a total enrollment of 97. Holyoke Community College mission is to serve the Pioneer Valley by providing comprehensive, high quality educational opportunities that are responsive to community needs and meet the intellectual, esthetic, and practical needs of a diverse student body. The College offers the full range of programs and services appropriate to a community college, as defined.
Pharmacy Technician Jump Start Certificate ProgramTo qualify for the Jump Start Certificate Program, you must:
- Be receiving TAFDC
- Score appropriately on math, reading, and writing assessments
- Be committed to successfully completing the program
- Enter full-time employment after graduation
- Occupational skills training in Office Skills and Customer Service or Certified Nurse Aide/Home Health Aide
- GED preparation
- Education in math, reading comprehension, and writing skills
- World of work and life skills training
- Internships with local companies if needed
- Job preparation workshops and job placement services
PRE-PHARMACY OPTIONPrepares students for transfer into a Pharmacy Doctorate program at a pharmacy school or college to become a pharmacist. Includes courses commonly taken in the first two years ("the pre-pharmacy years") of a normal sixyear pharmacy curriculum. Students are advised to stylize the curriculum to best suit the pharmacy school(s) where they wish to transfer.
AdmissionsHolyoke Community College is a public institution of higher education with an open admission policy. Requirements for Acceptance High school diploma or GED equivalent. Math and English placement testing will be performed for placement purposes only. Official transcripts or academic work required for academic credit transfer. CLEP testing available.
Pharmacy Technician Degree | CertificateHolyoke Community College offers both a certificate and an associate degree program in pharmacy technology.
- The Certificate Program provides a thorough training in Pharmacy Technology in one intensive year. Covers pharmaceutical dispensing for diverse settings, and includes an understanding of the therapies prescribed, computer systems utilized, drug preparation involved, and legal ramifications implicated. Provides experiential field training through the cooperative education program developed with area pharmacies. Provides the knowledge and skills necessary to sit for the national Pharmacy Technician Certification Board examination and seek gainful employment.
- In addition, opportunities exist at local colleges to transfer the Associate Degree credits into a Bachelor Degree Program in business or management, enabling more employment opportunities in health care management or pharmaceutical sales.
Holyoke Community College is a public institution of higher education with an open admission policy. Requirements for Acceptance High school diploma or GED equivalent. Math and English placement testing will be performed for placement purposes only. Official transcripts or academic work required for academic credit transfer. CLEP testing available.
- Pharmacy Technician Jump Start Certificate Program
- Pharmacy Technician Certificate Program
- Associate Degree in Pharmacy Technician
- Pre pharmacy program preparing students to enter pharmacy schools
Holyoke Community College
303 Homestead Ave
Holyoke, MA 01040
303 Homestead Ave
Holyoke, MA 01040
Visit: Holyoke Community College
Submitted by: PharmD
Added: Wed Aug 04 2010
Last Modified: Fri Feb 07 2014