Wilkes Community College - Pharmacy Technician Program
Pharmacy Technician Program
Pharmacy Technician TrainingPharmacy Technician Training course is designed for individuals who will be trained to work under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist. The course provides the student with basic knowledge and skills required to work as a technician in a retail or hospital pharmacy. Applicant must have a high school diploma or GED and strong math skills.
Pharmacy Technician Curriculum
- drug classification
- drug distribution
- anatomy and physiology as related to disease and drug therapy
- laws and regulations of pharmacy practice in both North Carolina and Virginia.
- This course teaches only theory.
- There is no a clinical rotation.
The Pharmacy Technician Training course teaches only theory. There is NOT a clinical rotation. Students will be taken on a "field trip" to one of our local pharmacies to see actual "behind the scenes" operations in a retail setting. A confidentiality and ethics agreement must be signed prior to this visit. Any breach of this agreement will result in automatic dismissal from the course.
Pharmacy Technician Training course is 96 hours class at Wilkes main campus meets in Hayes Hall rooms 320 and 322.
- Class size is limited to 22 students
- Must be 16 years old or older.
- Basic understanding of computers is helpful.
- Strong Math skills are required to calculate drug dosages
- Students may not miss more than 8 hours of class
A Continuing Education certificate is given upon satisfactory completion of class.
1328 South Collegiate Drive
Wilkesboro, North Carolina 28697
Submitted by: PharmD
Added: Thu Dec 15 2011
Last Modified: Sat Feb 08 2014